BLOG MISSION STATEMENT
The “More By Us” blog is where professionals share practical advice and ideas on business, marketing, design, and technology. Our goal is to help readers get better results and to inspire positive change.
Posts on the “More By Us” website are helpful, not self-promotional. No jargon or corporate speak. Keep it interesting and conversational. The audience is fellow experts and small business owners. They are busy. What are they going to get out of your post?
CODE OF ETHICS AND STANDARDS
Always follow our Code of Ethics and Standards.
The following are the required materials for the “More By Us” blog.
- 800 (min) – Please don’t limit your blog post based on this number. Most of our blog posts range from 800 – 2800 words.
FORMAT FOR SHARING
- Share a Google doc or email us the article.
- Link to other content whenever relevant. Every link included must add value for readers.
- All links are permanent and do-follow unless they are not relevant to the article anymore, OR the link is not working.In this case, the links might be replaced or removed.
PARAGRAPH LENGTH AND SPACING
- Keep paragraphs short. No longer than 4 lines.
- We adhere to the one space after the period philosophy, not two.
- Use headers and sub-headers to break up your post.
- Avoid big blocks of text.
- When writing headlines, be specific, and indicate a benefit to the reader.
- Use bullet or numbered lists.
- End the post with a question or a call to action for comments—the more specific, the better.
We love images. We use them to break up the text, make the blog post scannable, and support data. Ideally, we include one image at every scroll depth, so an image is always visible. Here is a great example. In case you can not provide images, we’ll add relevant images to your text.
In case you have an image, here are some rules:
- Include one header image
- All post images must be at least 980 px wide.
- Include images that illustrate “how to” do something or images that support data.
- The author bio should be 50 words max.
- Include your headshot (350×350).
- Link to your Twitter, LinkedIn, or company.
We may edit your post or bounce it back to you for revisions. We may edit anchor text and links that are not relevant to your post. Sometimes scheduling may change, but we will let you know ahead of time.
EXCLUSIVITY & COPYRIGHTS
We ask that your article will not be published elsewhere previously or simultaneously.
By submitting your article for publishing:
– you declare that you own the copyrights of all texts, images, and/or other materials.
– you transfer all copyrights over the texts, images, and other materials to Blog More By Us (More By Us Ltd.).
We ask that your articles be submitted 7 days before your scheduled run date. Don’t worry; we’ll coordinate a date together.
Please plan to promote your post throughout your social networks. We ask that you share it more than once on multiple networks over multiple days. The time frame and schedule are up to you.
All guest posts would be marked with “GUEST POST”.