BLOG MISSION STATEMENT
The "More By Us" blog is where experts, share practical advice and ideas on business, marketing, design, and technology. Our goal is to help you get better results and to inspire positive change.
Posts on the "More By Us" website are helpful, not self-promotional. No jargon or corporate speak. Keep it interesting and conversational. The audience is fellow experts and small business owners. They are busy. What are they going to get out of your post?
The following are required material for the "More By Us" blog.
- 800 (min) – Please don’t limit your blog post based on this number. Most of our blog posts range from 800 – 2800 words.
FORMAT FOR SHARING
- Share a Google doc or email us the article.
- Link to other content whenever relevant. Every link included must add value for readers.
PARAGRAPH LENGHT AND SPACING
- Keep paragraphs short. No longer than 4 lines.
- We adhere to the one space after the period philosophy, not two.
- Use headers and sub-headers to break up your post.
- Avoid big blocks of text.
- When writing headlines be specific and indicate a benefit to the reader.
- Use bullet or numbered lists.
- End the post with a question or a call to action for comments. The more specific, the better.
We love images. We use them to break up the text, make the blog post scannable and to support data. Ideally, we include one image at every scroll depth, so an image is always visible. Here is a great example. In case you can not provide images, we will add relevant images to your text.
In case you have an image here are some rules:
- Include one header image
- All post images must be at least 710px wide.
- Include images that illustrate “how to” do something or images that support data.
- Author bio should be 50 words max.
- Include your headshot (350×350).
- Link to your Twitter, LinkedIn or company.
We may edit your post or bounce it back to you for revisions. We may edit anchor text and links that are not relevant to your post. Sometimes scheduling may change but we will let you know ahead of time.
We ask that your article not be published elsewhere previously, or simultaneously.
We ask that your articles be submitted 7 days prior to your scheduled run date. Don’t worry, we’ll coordinate a date together.
Please be available the day your article publishes and the following days to respond to comments.
Please plan to promote your post throughout your social networks. We ask that you share it more than once on multiple networks over multiple days. The time frame and schedule are up to you.
TOPICS TO AVOID
- adult content
SUBMIT AN ARTICLE
To submit an article, please share a Google doc link in the message.